Saigon Joe Biden

Rusty Snippets

Mr Conservative
Staff member
Unreal.

The Taliban is now re-surging. The world of radical Islamic terrorists is rejoicing.

Everybody saw this coming, except President Joe Biden. And I do mean everybody.

In his speech to the nation Monday during a short break from his vacation, Biden blamed everything Americans are seeing in Kabul on not only his predecessor, former President Trump, but he effectively lumped in former Presidents Obama and Bush as well. Everyone was to blame but . . . Joe Biden. Who is in charge.

In fact, even as Secretary of State Antony Blinken said, “This is manifestly not Saigon,” he was quickly undercut. The memorable 1975 images of U.S. helicopters fleeing surging North Vietnamese forces from the top of the U.S. Embassy in Saigon, with desperate South Vietnamese literally clinging to the helicopter skids, were instantly matched in spades with Monday’s vivid images of thousands of terrified Afghans trying to board a U.S. military jet. One picture showed an American soldier sitting in a helicopter leaving Kabul with the embassy’s large American flag folded in his arms.

A Saigon-style disaster is in fact flooding Afghanistan, in direct and vivid contradiction to Biden’s assurances that this would not happen.

“I stand squarely behind my decision,” Biden said in his speech. Hardly anyone else does.

This was such a disaster that Fox News was running this headline: “Mainstream media crushes Biden for ‘flat-footed,’ ‘humiliating’ betrayal of Afghans as Taliban takes control.”

And former Obama CIA Director and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta compared Biden’s decision to JFK’s disaster at the Bay of Pigs.

From CNN’s Jake Tapper to NBC’s Chuck Todd, more heads were shaking in disbelief at Biden’s decision and its instant disastrous results. In the New York Times, columnist Bret Stephens headlined it this way: “Disaster in Afghanistan Will Follow Us Home......”